that hard times are only moments. that you should be happy.
but no matter how much you wish some experiences are black or white, they just aren't.
the rest of that thought can be read in the artist statement for this collection. due to the nature of my text/image combinations, these pieces are best viewed in person. (protip: i often update my facebook page with updates on art shows.)
these images were originally created so that i could graduate with my illustration bfa from brigham young university.
cheating on art, 36x35"
hollow (but not empty), 28x30"
in pursuit of the mask, 22x50"
waiting for a conversation to start, 36x27"
tied up, 36x74"
the muse series
muse: verb (used without object), mused, mus·ing.
1. to think or meditate in silence, as on some subject.
2. to gaze meditatively or wonderingly.
muse: verb (used with object), mused, mus·ing.
3. to meditate on.
4. to comment thoughtfully or ruminate upon.
5. the goddess or the power regarded as inspiring a poet, artist, thinker, or the like.
6. the genius or powers characteristic of a poet.
7. a state of abstraction
colored pencil / 8.5x11"
muse of music
charcoal on wood / 8x8"
acrylic / gold leaf on wood, 8x8"
oil / acrylic / gold leaf on wood, 6x6"
mixed media on wood, 6x6"
muse of the wind
charcoal / acrylic on wood, 8x8"
oil / charcoal on wood, 12x24"
unpack your bags
mixed media on wood, 5x10.5"
oil / gold leaf on wood, 6x6"
[what's your] MUSE
in·tro·spect [in-truh-spekt]: verb
1. to practice introspection; consider one's own internal state or feelings.